TO ALL OUR FRIENDS & NEIGHBORS AROUND THE GLOBE
We are Christians and love God with all our heart. As those who claim to live for and love God, we choose to stand with God and hold to what is stated in 1 Corinthians 6:19-20, “Don’t you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself, for God bought you with a high price. So you must honor God with your body.”
With that being said, as children of the Most High GOD, we align ourselves with the Bible, and we align our thoughts with GOD’s thoughts. We do this by reading and studying HIS Word and finding out what HE has to say, to find out what HIS instructions are, to live by HIS decrees for HE is GOD and above HIM, there is no other; therefore, we live by the standards HE has set, not us.
THREAD OF HOPE, INC.’S POSITION: PRO-LIFE.
WE BELIEVE each individual life was designed by the God Who created the Heavens and the Earth. WE BELIEVE God alone is the Giver of Life, and WE BELIEVE He alone is the One Who Breathes Life into every person; and WE BELIEVE every person is fearfully and wonderfully made, created in the image of God. Our beliefs are in accordance with the following Scriptures:
- “Then God said, ‘Let us make human beings in our image, to be like us.'” -Genesis 1:26
- “Then the LORD God formed the man from the dust of the ground. He breathed the breath of life into the man’s nostrils, and the man became a living person.” -Genesis 2:7
- “For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.” -Psalm 139:13-16
- “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.” -Jeremiah 9:5
WE BELIEVE abortion is murder and to abort a life in the womb is to kill a creation made in the image of God, and WE BELIEVE one of the things God hates is “hands that kill the innocent.” Our beliefs are in accordance with the following Scriptures:
- “You must not murder.” -Exodus 20:13
- “There are six things the Lord hates— no, seven things he detests: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that kill the innocent, a heart that plots evil, feet that race to do wrong, a false witness who pours out lies, a person who sows discord in a family.” -Proverbs 6:16-19
- “So God created human beings in his own image. In the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.” -Genesis 1:27
Always remember God loves you,
and He has a plan for your life.
Much love to you all,
Linda A. Knowles
Executive Director, Thread of Hope, Inc.