THE BIBLE (THE SCRIPTURES)
- WE BELIEVE all Scripture is given by inspiration of God (2 Timothy 3:16), Understanding this to mean that the whole Bible is inspired by Godly men who were moved by the Holy Spirit (2 Peter 1:21) who wrote every word in the Bible. We believe this divine inspiration by God extends equally and fully to every part of Scripture found in the original manuscripts. We believe the whole Bible is without error. The Bible is Scripture and is centered around the Lord Jesus Christ, in His person, His work, and His second coming. We believe the Bible was written for our salvation, redemption, knowing God, and how to live a Godly life before Him (Luke 24:27, Romans 15:4, John 5:39).
THE TRINITY OF GOD
- WE BELIEVE in the One true and living God who is The Creator, Redeemer, Sustainer, and Ruler of all things. He is infinite, omnipotent, omnipresent, eternal and unchangeable. He is revealed to us as the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- Father: God is the Father who reigns over all of His universe with providential care. He is all-powerful, all-knowing, all-seeing, all-loving, all-wise (Genesis 1:1, Jeremiah 10:10, 1 Chronicle 29:10, Matthew 6:9, Acts 1:7 Romans 8:14-15, 1 Corinthians 8:6, 1 Corinthians 15:24, Ephesians 4:6).
- The Son: The Lord Jesus Christ became man without season to be God. He was conceived of The Holy Spirit and born of a virgin. So that He might reveal God and redeem sinful man. He became, by volunteering Himself as a sinless, substitute sacrifice on the cross thereby satisfying God’s righteous judgment against sin (Luke 1:34-35, John 1:1-18, Romans 3:24-26, Romans 8:3).
- Holy Spirit: The Holy Spirit is the divine person who convicts the world of sin. He indwells believers permanently and heals them unto the day of Jesus Christ. He bestows spiritual gifts upon them and stills those who are yielding to Him (John 3:3-8, 14, 16-17; John 16:7-11, 1 Corinthians 12:7-11, Ephesians 4:30, Ephesians 5:18).
- WE BELIEVE man was created by and in the image of God. God also created the heavens and the earth, including all life by a direct act (Genesis 1:1 John 1:3, Colossians 1:16-17).
- Although men and women were created in the image of God, they fell into sin and are lost. We believe except a man or woman be born again, by the Holy Spirit, he or she cannot see the kingdom of God (Genesis 1:26-27 John 3:3, Romans 3:10, Romans 3:23).
- We believe that Satan is real, sways us to sin as evil incarnate. He is initiated the fall of man and his destiny is to be judged and end with punishment in the lake of fire (Matthew 4:1-3, Acts 5:3, 2 Corinthians 4:4, Revelation 20:10).
ATONEMENT FOR SIN
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died on a cross for our sins as a substitute sacrifice. We believe all who believe in Him are redeemed by His shed blood. We believe that He took upon Himself our sins and our sicknesses. We believe in the resurrection of His crucified body and His ascension into heaven. He sits at the right hand of the Father and is our High Priest and Advocate. We believe in His second coming to take His church home (John 1:1-3, 14; John 3:1-7, Hebrews 10:4-14, 1 John 2:2, Isaiah 53:5).
- We believe that Jesus is the only Way, the Truth, and the Life, that He is the One and only way to eternal Life. We believe that salvation is the free gift of God’s grace. It cannot be gained or made more secure by good works. Rather, it is freely bestowed upon all who put their faith in the finished work of Jesus Christ at Calvary. Everyone who trusts the Savior and accepts Him as the Son of The Living God, are forgiven of their sins and born into the family of God by the regenerating work of the Holy Spirit (John 1:12, John 14:6, Acts 16:30-33, Romans 10:9-10, Ephesians 1:7, Ephesians 2:8-9).
THE CHRISTIAN WALK
- We believe that every Christian has a holy calling to walk by the Spirit and not after the flesh. We believe we live the power of the indwelling of the Holy Spirit so we will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh. The flesh is never eradicated in this life. Everyone must choose to keep the flesh in subjection to Jesus Christ through the power of the Holy Spirit, so the flesh will not manifest its presence in a life and bring dishonor to our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 6:11-13, Romans 8:2, Romans 4:12-13, Galatians 5:16-23, Ephesians 4:22-24, Colossians 2:1-10, 1 Peter 1:14-16, 1 John 1:4-7, 1 John 3:5-9)
THE GREAT COMMISSION
- As long as we live in this world, it is the Christian’s duty, honor, and privilege to seek the fulfillment of Christ’s great commission and to minister in His Name to a lost, broken, and needy world. We, as His church, are to be instruments of Jesus Christ as the Holy Spirit ministers through us. We believe redemption in the world is essential to bring healing, peace, love, and restoration. This is what Thread of Hope, Inc inspires to achieve. We will follow wherever He leads us (Matthew 25:31-46, Matthew 28:18-20, Jeremiah 29:11).
WALK OF FAITH
- We believe that we walk by faith and not by sight. We believe that when we accept the Lord Jesus Christ into our life, our lives are changed forever. It is an exciting adventure where Jesus Christ is the Captain of our ship. He leads our path like a good shepherd. The walk of faith is thrilling, exciting and adventurous. We know that He who began a good work in us, will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ (Psalm 23, 2 Corinthians 5:7, Hebrews 11, Philippians 1:6).